As the German subsidiary of one of the largest private media enterprises in the world, we combine a strong international reputation and a global network with all the advantages of a medium-sized publisher. Our brands are both our pride and our strength - premium brands with a long tradition, outstanding quality standards and a strong market position.
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Procurement Manager (m/f/d)
As Procurement Manager, you will report directly to the Financial Director (FD) in Germany with a dotted line to the Group Head of Procurement in London. You will act as the point of contact for all central procurement initiatives in the local German market and work closely with the central group procurement team while building close working relationships on local initiatives.
- Lead local sourcing activity for all in-market initiatives
- Adapt and implement the company procurement policy for the German market
- Support the training and development of market staff in procurement/e-procurement skills, policy and processes
- Ensure that all statutory regulations and laws are adhered to as relates to procurement activity and support the FD in reporting
- Lead supplier relationship management activity for global suppliers based in Germany and manage the preferred supplier list (PSL) and contracts database
- Create, measure and monitor the savings pipeline using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Establish and maintain risk management plans for critical local suppliers in collaboration with the FD
- Ensure that robust contracts are agreed with key suppliers and implement effective supplier management through service level agreements (SLAs)
- Represent the FD if required on the Procurement Governance group
Experience and Skills:
- Procurement professional with at least 5 years’ experience
- Relevant education qualifications (e.g. CIPS or similar)
- Prior experience working with supplier management tools (preferably e-procurement tools)
- Proven experience creating and managing a savings pipeline
- Solid knowledge of German contract law
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter / able to work in a matrix role
- Fluent English and proficient German language skills
Does this feel like the right opportunity for you? Then we look forward to receiving your online application in English.
Please note that we can only consider applications sent via our online application tool.